Monday, July 24, 2006

Me, Myself and Nijmegen

Last Saturday while contemplating, I realized that I have been in Netherlands for a week. Whew! It feels like a lifetime already.

Last friday, July 14, was my flight to Nijmegen, Netherlands. A very good friend drove me to the airport. It was quite difficult to accept that I will be leaving and so for the past days and months, I never thought about the idea of me finally moving in to a different country. So when that day came, I have to bear everything...all the pain and fear of being alone. Foreseeing that this will happen, God gave me a push. I was about to question him already about his plans for me and why he sent me to Europe when suddenly, I was in the immigration line, the immigration officer checked thoroughly my papers (and i mean THOROUGHLY) and asked me of my purpose to stay in Holland. With pride, I told her " I shall be employed there" and I will move in as a knowledge immigrant. Suddenly she asked me about papers and stickers and organizations I have never heard off. Suddenly, I felt perspiration ran over my head. I have totally forgotten about asking God why he is going to send me to Europe. I suddenly thought " God, why are you doing this?". Then I realized...maybe this is his way of letting me realize and appreciate what I have. And surely, I did. And since then, I learned to accept my fate, Europe that is.

For those who are wondering, yes, I made it. Magaling mambola ang lola eh. Har Har Har!

Thank you very much for those who remembered and sent me a message before I left. I managed to call a few of them though. Sa iba, pasensya na po. Mahirap palang pigilan ang pag-iyak.

I came to Netherlands safely. Aileen gurrrl is my housemate. She used to be my colleague back in ADI. I was never a crybaby, but for a week (until now), I have been trying to keep my self from being lonely. I look at pictures of my friends and family but the more I stare at them, the more I miss home and my friends. Lungkot noh? Well, everything happens for a reason. And I know I am doing this for a purpose.

Last weekend was not quite a good one and I don't know why. We went to amsterdam and I was able to see former ADI colleagues. It was fun but the rain made me think about things. Drama ko noh? Hehehe.

I spent the night alone since ASJ went to party with her filipino friends here in Netherlands. I just stayed at home, feeling that it would be better that way for the meantime.

Below are pictures taken when I first came to Holland and during the Amsterdam tour:


Our Sala




Me and ASJ (my eyes seem sad di ba?)






Me, Rey and Elanie at a cafe at Amsterdam


Me at Amsterdam




Windmills!!!




Malalim na iniisip

4 Comments:

Blogger Cancanie said...

hehe yung tshirt nakarating na sa europe. i enjoy mo nalang stay mo jan and make the most of it para di ka maxado malungkot. cheers! :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Gorgeous said...

Hehehe di ba binigay mo na sa akin to? har har har.. sige padala ko ulet. joke

9:35 PM  
Blogger haydee said...

wow nice furniture in the sala..very Ikea looking :-)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Gorgeous said...

well because it is really ikea :)

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home