Tuesday, December 21, 2004

AnD sOO thIS is ChRistMAs

Dec. 22. Three days before christmas. But it doesn't seem like before. People are rushing to buy christmas gifts, kids are so excited for they know that they'll be gathering a handful of toys and probably money. But I'm not a kid anymore. I doubt if I'd ever get toys this christmas. Wish ko lang talaga.

I remember when I was a kid, I yearly asked my dad for a barbie doll. Yes, a barbie doll. A doll that all girls have, except me. The first time I asked for it, my dad brought home a humongous, japanese-talking, dancing doll named Linda . How could I ever forget the name when that doll caused me my sleepless nights, not to mention the bad dreams. The second time I asked for a barbie doll, my dad gave me a stupid, pink, baby doll which laughs when tilted up and cries when laid down! How stupid can it get!!! The next year was worst! He did not even get me a doll. Instead, he got me a red robot with pointed boobs, which apparently, i found out not to be boobs but actually hidden missiles. Hmm talk about me and my green mind. Yes, I was the girl version of boy bastos. The year after that, I got a very nice choooochoooo train. The year after that, a popeye game and watch and a pinball. Still, no barbie. Imagine? No barbie. Must be one of the reasons why I am not kikay like most other girls are. I never had the chance to comb barbie's hair, to dress barbie, to put make up on barbie.

Christmas is near. I also remember that every christmas, even when I was a small kid (believe me, I was small then), I find it so sad. Maybe its the christmas songs that keep me sad. Especially when they play.. pasko na sinta ko, hanap hanap kita . Maybe its the coldness of the christmas. Last year was the saddest of all christmasesases.

But you know what? I think, this year is gonna be a happy christmas for me. :-) Sana nga.

2 Comments:

Blogger aids said...

tawa ako sa kwentong barbie... sayang wala ako sa pinas ibibili kita ng barbie pero skinhead...

wag ka ng malungkot sana nga maging masaya ang pasko mo ngayong taon...

4:31 AM  
Blogger Gorgeous said...

sige basta barbie! bibili na lang ako ng wig!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home